Physical Education at Genesee Hill
In our Physical Education classes, students participate in activities that focus on 3 main areas:
- Increased personal fitness (cardio, muscle endurance, strength and flexibility),
- Improved motor skills (kicking, throwing, catching, and many more
- Increased knowledge of health and fitness (body systems, nutrition, fitness concepts, and more).
P.E. is also a time to build social skills and improve personal character in many different ways. Additionally, P.E. classes feature a variety of adventure activities such as biking, rope courses and more. Each student attends P.E. an average of 60 minutes every week.
- Intro/fitness testing (Grades: 3,4,5)
- Bike Safety (bring a helmet) Do Not Bring Bikes (No bike unit for Kindergarten)
- Cup Stacking
- Unicycles (no Kindergarten)
Students/Parents: Please wear the correct attire on P.E. days; clothes and shoes you can run, jump and climb in.
PE Events to watch for:
- Move-a-Thon (10/12/17)
- November: Candy collection contest and Kids Marathon
- March: Cup Stacking Tournament
- April: Spring Showcase
- June: Field Day