Physical Education at Genesee Hill
In our Physical Education classes, students participate in activities that focus on 3 main areas:
- Increased personal fitness (cardio, muscle endurance, strength and flexibility)
- Improved motor skills (kicking, throwing, catching, balance etc.)
- Increased knowledge of health and fitness (body systems, nutrition, fitness concepts, and more)
P.E. is also a time to build social skills and improve personal character through teamwork and problem solving!
Students/Parents: Please be sure to wear the correct attire on P.E. days; clothes and shoes you can run, jump and climb in.
- Intro/fitness challenges
- Bike Safety (bring a helmet) Do Not Bring Bikes
- Individual skill building activities: Cup Stacking, hula hoop etc.
- Variety of group games: Danish Rounders, Hockey, Gilligan’s Island etc.
- Intro into basic movements/balance, skipping, managing body in space.
- Exposure to a variety of equipment in station work
- Group games: Sharks and Minnows, Pac Man etc.
PE Events to watch for:
- November: Candy collection with donations going to West Seattle Food Bank!
- June: Field Day